Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken!

skonopa

I just got back from seeing Edguy and Hammerfall up at Jaxx in Springfield! That was a friggan awesome show! I am so stoked about finally getting to see these two bands live! They also had some local outfit up from Richmond open up the show. I was very impressed with what those kids can put out. Unfortunatly, I'd wish I had thought about taking my camera, but alas, no pictures. 15.gif Damn, those guys can friggan ROCK, though! WOW!

And thank gawd for earplugs! That show was just friggan loud as hell! If not for those earplugs, my ears would be friggan ringing. To be honost, I thought it sounded much better with the earplugs than it did without! I guess it helped take some of the harshness and "edge" from the sound, due to it being played so loud, and made it much more managable and enjoyable.

----------------

On 8/16/2005 3:15:13 PM nicholtl wrote:

Any pics, Steve?

----------------

Unfortunatly, I did not have my camera with me. I did not even think to take it 14.gif. I will be sure to have my camera when I go to ProgPower USA VI in about a month.

However, here is a thread from the Edguy forum that has some pictures of Edguy performing. And to add, I think that mop of blond hair you see in the lower left corner of some of those pics in that thread is the back of my head.

I've thought for years that live rock sounds better with plugs in, even foamies.

The brain adjusts pretty quickly to compensate for a good deal of the altered frequency response, and SPLs in the ear are reduced to a level hopefully somewhat below the point of distortion, yet there is enough air moving around the body to stimulate the adrenal gland...

So long as the engineer keeps his mitts off the "Suck" knob!