HK AVR 435

pwimmer

does anyone have any experience with this receiver? How do you like it, is the 65 watts per channel an issue? I will be using it to power 2 rsx-5's for the front, 2 rsx-4's for the rear, rcx-4 center and an rw-12 sub. Just wondering if this will be adequate for this setup? Thanks for any opinions!

I've got it and I think it's great.

I'd say it would be MORE than enough for that setup. Remember that HK reports true performance numbers not inflated numbers.. Usually rated at all channels driven and the amps are a high current design that excels driving difficult speakers... For a receiver that is..

Mine is driving a 2 RB75, 1RC7, 4RB15 and also feeding an SVS tube. It doesn't sweat.

Unless your room is simply huge, that ought to be more than adequate IMO. I use it's littler brother, the 235, on a Chorus II/Academy/Quartet setup. I am EXTREMELY pleased with it. I find the large/small/crossover settings to be quirky sometimes, but I've only had it a couple weeks and I'm not ready to dismiss user failure as the real issue there. Power, though, is simply not a problem. It's got guts.