A week with my Harman Kardon AVR-7300...

Tim_in_NC

Hi All,

Thanks for the recommendations on the HK A/V Receiver Lineup...

I've had this AVR-7300 now for almost a week and LOVE IT!!!

My Klipsch setup has never been happier... I now truly feel as if my Music and Home Theater has come to life...

This was a great match to my ears...!!!

The receiver is VERY flexible...easy to setup, a beast, and a great performer... and I don't even notice the fan running...

Thanks again,

TIM

Thats it? That is all we get? I was hoping on a mini-review of sorts!!! :)

Any complaints? How about input/outputs... are there enough

connections and types to keep ya happy? The 7300 does not have

HDMI does it?

I currently have a Yammi 5790 and have been looking at the New Pioneer

Elites (VSX-74TX*) or the Denon 4805. I wonder if H/K has

anything new on the horizon that will have HDMI inputs/switching.

Well congrats on the new H/K. I have always been a fan of their

products. Years ago I had a whole stack of H/K equipment,

Receiver, Cassette Deck, Turntable and even a Hi-Fi VHS made by

H/K. Am I dating myself? LOL

Here's a short review thus far...

I ran the All Klipsch setup with my old Yamaha...and then with the HK...

First...the All Klipsch setup sounds GREAT ... with the Yamaha or the HK... BUT...

The 7300 is definitly a beast... Not only do I have crisp, clean power at virtually all listening levels ... but movies and music are definitly "fuller" and "more vibrant" with the HK ... Much improved "presence" and "realism" ...

This HK truely is an almost perfect match for the Klipsch Speaker Line to my ears...

I watched a few movies with the HK and the sound was killer... I felt as if I was finally in a theater room with huge sound... It was much like being in a high-end theater demo room for me... Actually made a few hairs stand ...!!!

I hooked everything up through the HK's video processing F-chip... and it has tons of flexibility/options... You can notice a difference in the picture but it depends on your settings... I eventually went back to the video of the progressive DVD as I find it very crisp and clear as well...but I'll try more video settings in the near future when I get more free time for fine tuning...

I may not notice much improvement with my CRT TV but with a LCD or Plasma... you may see improvement...

Again, the sound from this sub 60lbs. unit is incredible... Movie and Music MACHINE! Sound is Super...

BASS Response is Superb... NOT PUNCHY/BOOMY ... Just perfect and there when it should be...

The RP-5's love the bass response of the 7300 ...

No Issues as all setting up the various options...The fan within my unit is VERY quiet... The remote is great and has tons of flexibility as well... Macros, after Macros, after Macros...

This unit does not have HDMI...so if you wish to wait, I hear the next HK line will have this option... However, for me the price was right to make this purchase now...

Thanks again,

TIM

I tried the 7300 out and ran into two problems:

1. Fan noise. Too noisy in my setup. Constantly sounds like water is running somewhere in the house. Per HK tech, I had worst setup for this: open rack with wall directly behind.

2. Didn't want to stay in 7-channel mode.

It went back.....

Jeff