completed...........no further action.

Bill H.

Klipsch,

With the sky rocketing gas prices- are you going to change your Policy concerning Authorized Dealers

selling products over the phone, and having them shipped? I ask because my Nearest Authorized Dealer is

now over 75 Miles away..............

Mine nearest Heritage dealer is 120 miles away. I sure would like to see and easier way for me to buy Heritage.

We believe our policy regarding shipping is in the best interest of both our dealers and the ultimate consumer. I appreciate your sensitivity to the increased cost of gas though. I live 10 miles from work but filling my gas tank has become a painful experience.

Let's do some math. 75 miles each way to your nearest authorized dealer is 150 miles round trip. At 20 mpg, that's 7.5 gallons of gas. At $3.20 per gallon (we haven't seen the end of price increases) that comes to $24 in gas. I bet your nearest dealer would give you that off the price of the product if you discussed it with them.

Our policy says the dealer must deliver in their own company vehicle as opposed to a shipping service. So the dealer nearest you is not prohibited from making the delivery themselves, but if they are smart, they will entice you to come into their shop so they can show you lots of other desirable goodies too.

While the policy may seem to make sense, the reality is that folks will not drive 75 or 120 miles for Brand X. It would be a different story for anyone that has heard Khorns or is a Klipsch enthusiast. Folks are not born with Klipsch Reference or Heritage knowledge and may not be willing to drive to obtain it.

Consumer behaviour will change on many levels due to $3.00 gasoline. The current situation clearly spells economic slow down. The only question is to what extent a slow down will occur.

Smart management will modify policies to meet legitimate customer needs.

Bill

We believe our policy regarding shipping is in the best interest of both our dealers and the ultimate consumer. I appreciate your sensitivity to the increased cost of gas though. I live 10 miles from work but filling my gas tank has become a painful experience.

Let's do some math. 75 miles each way to your nearest authorized dealer is 150 miles round trip. At 20 mpg, that's 7.5 gallons of gas. At $3.20 per gallon (we haven't seen the end of price increases) that comes to $24 in gas. I bet your nearest dealer would give you that off the price of the product if you discussed it with them.

Our policy says the dealer must deliver in their own company vehicle as opposed to a shipping service. So the dealer nearest you is not prohibited from making the delivery themselves, but if they are smart, they will entice you to come into their shop so they can show you lots of other desirable goodies too.

Bob,

Better check your Ohio Heirtage Dealer(the ONLY one in Ohio). He would do well not to let anyone buying Klipsch in his shop. I can't believe you all are headquartered right next door in Indy and you're only Heritage dealer in all of Ohio is some crummy Auto chop shop. Can I press my local Reference dealer to order Heritage for me?