Pinging Coulterphoto1

3dzapper

Thanks Rick, beat the other guy by $2, he posted with 20 minutes to go then went to bed. There were no last minute bidders. Hope this was a good find. Two K600 Cornwall cast horns with K55V spring clips. I've got $167 in them.

Bad news is that these were from CDB 15 cabinets. That's Birch Designers folks. Auctioneer destroyed them.

post-10755-13819269946542_thumb.jpg

Well gang this is it- number 5000- I'd say it accidentally ended on a pretty good note, just now obtaining spare horns and drivers for my fave speakers in the whole wide world, Klipsch Cornwalls!

Here at the Forum I learned why I love my Cornwalls so very much and obtained another 7 of them. You taught me the value of matching timbre and this was the outgrowth of that realization.

I purchased my long loved LaScala Industrial splits in fibreglass and even got double bass bins for them. While here on Forum, I've purchase Heresies, LaScalas BR, Cornwalls, KG4's, ksb1.1's, and Bell-O audio rack directly from Forum members. I've been helped out with people transporting, holding, and checking out gear for me.

You all have taught me how to use ebay and how to successfully bid and ship items. I would imagine I've personally travelled over 5000 miles in various Klipsch voyages. I've learned the general value of most of the Klipsch Heritage line, how to judge condition and how to make certain repairs. I know the difference between many of the drivers, which is preferred, and why the Cornwall production line was so bizarre. I've experimented with upgraded crossovers, caulked my horns, refinished cabinets, and am going to endeavor on a herculean task of reveneering most of these CW's this winter.

I've met online friends, rekindled old friendships, had some fantastic visits with many informative and friendly folks on the Forum. I haven't had the chance to make an entire pilgrimage during the three years, but am looking forward to the Heritage journey in two weeks.

Thanks, I only hope that as my knowledge progressed, that I've been able to help a few of you in your quest for audio nirvana as the old timers have helped me.

Peace,

Michael