Need to replace Cornwall's with ???????

Indy_Cornwall

How constrained is the space? And, are you looking for new speakers, or would you consiter something like a used Chorus or Forte?

The Reference or Synergy series are going to sound more different from your Cornwalls that some of the older, discontinued models (like Forte or Chorus) will sound.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Nope. I have not heard ANY of the reference line.

You might get more folks chiming in here, particularly the part about comparing Heresy to RB5, if you post this in the 2 channel audio forum and the general questions forum.

I have La Scalas, which have the same mid and high end as the Cornwall, and I think the Heresy compares very favorably to my Scalas. It doesn't have anything close to the same fleshing out in the lower midrange, but the basic "character" of the speakers is very similar. Certainly Heresy is more similar to Scala / Belle / KHorn sound than any other speaker I've heard.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Having owned Klipschorns, LaScalas, Cornwalls and Heresy's at one time or another, I agree with Ray that the Heresy's maintain similar overall characteristics to the others. The main difference among all of them is in the bass. Mids and highs are very similar. I believe that the lack of bass is why some people feel that Heresy's are "bright" sounding. So if they are used alone, I feel that corner placement is almost a necessity for the Heresy's to meet their published bass limit and to not sound "bright". Freestanding in my room, they have a serious drop in output under 80hz. IMO if you use a sub, like I do, that becomes a bit of a non-issue, and you end up with a large percentage of the Heritage sound in a smaller, less expensive and easier to place package.

Hope this helps.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905