Porcupine tree tour....

Morton

Wow, somebody's digging up an old thread.

Has anybody gotten a chance to listen to thier newest album, The Incident?

Stupid *** me saw it at ProgPower in Atlanta in the vendors area, but forgot to pick it up. Oh well, probably could find it at Best Buy anyway.

BTW, for those of us that are Porcupine Trees, I highly recommend checking out another band called Riverside! I did pick up thier newest album.

I saw those guys play at ProgPower USA in Atlanta last year and they utterly blew me away! I've been overhearing some folks saying that these guys are even better than Porcupine Tree (although I am certain people will argue that).

Well, they played the whole album at the show so yes I heard it. :) I think it came out the 16th or so. CD just came today so I'm a bit late on it.

I have to learn more about this ProgPower USA thing.

Steven! At KlipschFest a couple years ago, hubby was going to send you some of his band's music and I think that never happened so how about you PM me your address and I'll send you some? He really enjoyed talking to you. Will check out Riverside.

Well, they played the whole album at the show so yes I heard it. :) I think it came out the 16th or so. CD just came today so I'm a bit late on it.

I have to learn more about this ProgPower USA thing.

Steven! At KlipschFest a couple years ago, hubby was going to send you some of his band's music and I think that never happened so how about you PM me your address and I'll send you some? He really enjoyed talking to you. Will check out Riverside.

ProgPower USA is a two (three days if you also include the Showcase pre-show) music festival in Atlanta, GA. As the name applies, the show primarily focuses on power and progressive metal. For example, ProgPower USA X that occured just two weekends ago, featured the following bands:

Thursday evening "Showcase":

Futures End

Suspyre (the band that I played to your husband at the KlipschFest a couple of years ago)

Enchant (another one Porcupine Tree fans should check out)

Primal Fear

Friday Evening:

Cage

Mindflow (these guys are awesome!)

Diablo Swing Orchestra (Very interesting indeed - who would've thunk of putting swing to metal?)

Sabaton (The band I personally sponsored)

Royal Hunt

Crimson Glory

Saturday Evening:

Circus Maximus

Orphan Land

Pagan's Mind

Brainstorm

Fates Warning (Legendary!)

As I said, the main focus is metal, wheras Porcupine Tree is more progressive rock (although some of thier stuff can get pretty heavy). Riverside will be somewhat heavier than Porcupine Tree, but you will definitly hear the Pink Floyd influence in thier music as well. I'll also go ahead and PM you as well.