Ouch, burned vc in k-124-k weeter!

michael hurd

I just came back from going across town to help a friend empty out her totalled '98 sunfire, she was hit when a fellow decided to run a red light.

I left the dog crated, and had the music on at a low level. When I got back, I started playing a cd-r, and it seemed like either the song was poorly recorded on the right channel, there was no upper midrange and treble at all?

I turned everything off, and pulled the right RF3II speaker apart, after trying another cd. Took out the tweeter, and a quick check with a dmm confirmed my diagnosis. The tweeter is opened, either in the leadout wire or the vc.

I guess anything is possible, today I went to the Power Center and dropped off the receipt and the tweeter, they want to send the whole tweeter away. [:@] I guess that I will be without tunes for a couple of weeks after they screw around with it.

I could have ordered a replacement diaphragm at my cost and sent it to the border, then drive across to pick it up. That way, I would have been back in business in a few days, not weeks.

I sure hope that they decide to pack it well, I would be extremely angry if it returns in two pieces.

I got my fix today! Well, not really, I still don't have a tweeter in my hands.[:P]

I did however visit Krispykoils, and found out why he chose that name as his handle.

Dave was gracious enough to invite me over anytime this weekend, but I had other commitments and a car show popped up. ( girlfriend won tickets on the radio for it ) I did however get a chance to swing by and listen to 6 chorus II's for a while today.

We played a variety of different tunes, but mostly at a lower volume as we talked, with the occasional one at a higher volume. ( the volume just seems to creep up ) This being the first time hearing the Chorus II, i'd have to say that the overall sound character is very similar to that of my Reference 3II mains, it would be nice to a-b them one day.

After I have my tweeter back, I'll have to have him over for a little demo. ( he has never heard the reference series ) I will also have to demo my subs (still in primer) and my shakers.