Nedd help with RB75 HT system setup.

lascala memories

I am in need of direction concerning my RB75 HT set up. Let me start by listing my components. RB75 fronts, RC7 center, RS7 surrounds, RSW15 sub. I am driving this with a Pioneer Eliter VSX-54TX integrated amp. Since I obviously spent all of my money on the speakers, I am currently using a PS2 as my DVD piped in via component video/ optical audio cable. I have a Scientific Alanta HDTV DVR for CATV via HDMI/ optical, and I supply music via a Apple airport extreme/ Imac G5 combo over wireless 80211.g.

My problem is that the audio output seems to be too low for a given volume setting. I am running -20 dB before there seems to be any presence. To top it off when I use the internal EQ on the 54TX, I hit current limit easily and it shuts down. I set the speakers to THX small and it will go a little farther, but when called upon to really deliver during peak requirements, it shuts down. I used 12 guage wire and gold plated bananas to connect everything, so I am almost convinced it is not a connection proble. I am very confused and need a little educating.

I am open to all reasonable :) suggestions.

Thanks!

Did u do a test tone to make sure the connections are right? Is the audio problem for every source into the receiver? I would think the receiver can handle those speakers. What's the volume start at for ur receiver? I never had this problem, even though i ran into other problems with home theater. No use explaining them. I hope someone else can answer this better maybe with a similar setup. Right now I hope this helps a little. Contact pioneer elite if they have good service. Usually they respond pretty quick.

Yep, I went through the setup manually. I looked at the individual channel levels and the center was set to -4.5dB. I bumped it up a little. along with the others to keep the balance. I noticed that when the system set the speakes to large, it was really pushing the 63Hz and 125 Hz bands quite hard. By setting the speakers to small, it allows the sub to do all the work at that low freq. I can tell that the CATV DVR puts out quite a bit less than the PS2 and I understand that one should let the amp do its job. I am just dissapointed by the difference between the impression I received at the HT show room and what I have at home. Not even a close comparison. The show room was using a 110W per channel NAD amp, so I thought 110W is 110W.

I don't have a mic setup with my receiver, a NAD T753, but i set it up manually without a meter. I use my ears, the best test. I don't know what ur other speaker levels are set to. What size is ur room. I have my center to +1, fronts at 0 surrounds at +2. Clarify what u mean by "The show room was using a 110W per channel NAD amp, so I thought 110W is 110W". Your klipsch require quite a bit of power. My NAD T753 is 70w/channel all channels driven. The volume starts at -74 and for movies i turn it up to -10, this is pretty dang loud, i've even went to 0 with no problem, and i have klipsch sf-1's, sc-1, rw-8, rs-25. For music it's around -25 to -30. My room is 11'x10'. I would think that pioneer has enough power. Klipsch aren't too fussy with what u put with them, but they are bigger boys of the klipsch line. I would say make your speakers gain louder, and maybe ur input setting gain, if your receiver has this. I really don't understand that THX thing, but u might be able to manually set it up better like i did. All these features are what i stay away from, i stick to best audio possible with not much features. The NAD has more than enough power for my system, and I'm sure it could drive yours. I really don't know if it's your receiver or not. I mean it's kind of hard to tell without actually hearing it. Hope this helps.