HELP!!! Front Left Channel mysteriously quit working on my 4.1's!!!

Chuck

That seems to happen to the 4.1's. if they are under warranty klipsch will exchange subs with you, the problem most likely lies in the amp.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

• Moderators

When there's a channel out, it could be one of four things: a loose connection to the soundcard, the volume control pod wiring, the sub channel, or the soundcard.

Try this test to help determine:

Switch the green and purple plugs in the soundcard. If the problem stays with the speaker plugged into the rear left channel of the sub, then the problem is in the sub or control pod. If the problem moves to a different speaker, the the problem is with the soundcard (try reinstalling the drivers). If the problem is fixed, then it was a loose connection.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

I can attest to the integrity of connections to soundcards. I was messing around with my system, and when I went to play a game, I realized that BOTH of my rear speakers werent working. This is a week or so ago by the way. I went through all the trouble of thinking it was the speakers, nearly tearing my hair out because a 300 dollar sound system wasnt working right, and then I checked the sound card. The rear input to the soundcard was out, on the floor, the one for the front two speakers was still in. Somehow the rear one had gotten yanked out. I plugged it in, and played counterstrike with full surround.

Klipsch speakers rule. If I EVER have excess cash, I may have to blow it on a 5.1 system, until then, my 4.1 is going to be making my pictures on the walls unstable. I would NOT trade this system for 5.1s though.

------------------

I'm a well-wisher, in that I don't wish you any specific harm...

God.... I just baught the Pro Media 4.1s and my left front speaker doesnt work... It died after 2 days of use... WTF.

I have tried everything..... what do I do??

The Pro Media toll free phone # gives me an error saying "You are not allowed to dial this number from your calling area"

Can someone please help me.... this sucks... I just spent $535 to have them delivered to my door (I'm in Canada...)

I don't want to spend another $45 to ship it back to a factory..... Worst of all. I don't want to wait 2 months for them to be returned to me.

PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN HELP..... LET ME KNOW!!!

Damnir

Ontario, Canada!