KSW-12 settings?

Orbitalchime

Hi guys, Ive been playing around with my setup the last couple of weeks. Can you tell me if these settings for the sub are right, using with Quints. I set the receiver cross over to 100Hz. (the range is 60-150). What about the level, lowpass and phase on the KSW-12? Initially, when i had no idea what i was doing, I had the cross over set at 150 on the receiver, and on the sub, the level 6 and lowpass 100. I aslo had to set the sub volume on the reciever almost all the way up becasue i wasn't hearing anything, is that normal? Thanks for any replies, Chris

Quintets start to roll off sharply around 120Hz,you should cut your sub at 120 and place the sub ...if possible alongsiide the fron wall around the middle. This way the directionaluty of the sub cut higher will not call attention to itself.

Next play some tunes with plenty of bass that you know well and set the level.First on the sub set it to around 70/100 and next on the receiver start with 0 and lower or raise the level to create what is the best blend/match.Once you are set try a few other tunes and fine tune.

The phase is either 0 or 180,since the Quintets have so little bass,play a tune with alot of irritating upper bass...and switch phase from 0 to 180...do you hear a change? You should hear at least a slight change,leave the switch where bass is more present.