Adire Shivas on Klipsch Heresy's... good or bad idea?

Are you talking about using a Shiva sub, or replacing your Heresy woofers with 12" Shiva drivers?

The Heresy woofers are efficient and have tight bass. Replacing the woofers would affect the upper bass, most likely, in a negative way.

My recommendation would be to keep the stock woofers and get a sub - a pair of Shivas would make a brute of a subwoofer.

Andy

quote:

Originally posted by Klipschguy:

The Heresy woofers are efficient and have tight bass. Replacing the woofers would affect the upper bass, most likely, in a negative way.

Andy

Thanks Andy, yes, I was thinking on this possibility, but I understand why is wrong. I do have a sub, a KSW12 and it sounds really good. I do want to have more extension, and a couple of Shivas sounds like a good option to make a couple of sonosubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Textf>Textc>

I am using the Shivas with my Heresy I's. The Heresy's are full range and the Shiva's are driven with a sub amp and x-overd at 50 Hz. Very nice integration between the subs and mains. BTW I am using a rebuilt Dynaco ST-70 to drive the Heresy's.

This message has been edited by TubeHead on 10-12-2001 at 01:32 PM