The good guys

big c

NIck,

They were and CompUSA has decided the home electronics market is saturated and are closing the GG stores and expanding their own HT offerings, .....great now we will be able to get overpriced HTIB and the next version of Windows all in the same trip[:(]

Are you serious? Saturated? But as far as I know, here in California (or LA at least), there are no other "mass market" stores that offer the more expensive, higher-end products that GG did. Best Buy certainly doesn't.

Of course there are the likes of Ken Cranes and Sound Factor, but that's one step away from getting into boutique realm...

Are you serious? Saturated? But as far as I know, here in California (or LA at least), there are no other "mass market" stores that offer the more expensive, higher-end products that GG did. Best Buy certainly doesn't. Of course there are the likes of Ken Cranes and Sound Factor, but that's one step away from getting into boutique realm...

Same all over So Cal. I was just over to the GG in Escondido, the only one in North SD County that is still open for closeout sail. Their big deal %10 off MSRP. I'll pass.... I was going to see if they had an RSW 15 but all they had was an RSW 10 floor model for $900. IMO if you are going out of buisiness and want to sell your stock you need to make the offer attractive. Our only shot down here is Breier Audio and all they have is a pair beautiful Brazilian Rosewood Klipschorns signed by PWK on the floor that list at $15000. So yeah even though GG was not exactly known for their deals, at least they carried decent products. They were also our main venue for Parasound Halo products. But all we have now for floor space now is BB....whoopee![:(]

Yeah, I stopped by my local "Good Guys" on Friday to see if there were any deals to be had.

Their "clearance" price is 10% off. Big Whoop. 10% gets

them down to around list. Hardly a clearance and not even

much of a sale. You can do better than 10% off GG's inflated

prices just about anywhere, any day of the week.

They had a demo RC-7 marked down to a mere $699. I got mine (also a demo) about a year ago for $499.

No deals here, at least not yet...

James

Ahh, that's a real shame. CompUSA sucks.

Btw, Jim, my hookup to Parasound Halo products was never through GG (Parasound pulled their distributing license from GG a while back too), but through a dealer in Fort Worth, Texas. The prices were incredible, because he's one of the nation's largest Halo dealers.