K'Horn positioning

TommyC

A month or so ago I posted about moving my friend's K'Horns into a small bedroom while some remodeling was being done. Well, tomorrow they move to their newly expanded full time home. The room is 14'X19' with an 8'6" ceiling. One each of the 19' and 14' walls is clear, no doors, windows etc. The other 19' wall has 2 windows on it and the other 14' wall has the entrance door and a door to a small closet. We have just assumed during this whole process that the K'horns would go on the clear 14' wall. Now, the guy he bought them from told him that they may sound better on the 19' wall. We will probably just try both anyway, but we were wondering what you guys thoughts were on this situation.

Thanks!

Tommy

KHorns always sound better on the long wall..by the manual that came with my speakers, the ratio of the distance between the speakers to the back wall (room dimensions) is 1 to .618..so actually, with them on the long wall, you'd still be a little far from the speakers..with the pair 19 feet apart, ideal back wall would almost be 12 feet away..

Steve

Tommy

I just put them in the igloos on our jets..I'm sure you rode in on our combis at one time? When was the last time you were here? Probably stayed at the 'Bear?

I've been working for Alaska Airlines since 77 all here in Yakutat..probably saw you at one time..

Steve

Tommy I just put them in the igloos on our jets..I'm sure you rode in on our combis at one time? When was the last time you were here? Probably stayed at the 'Bear? I've been working for Alaska Airlines since 77 all here in Yakutat..probably saw you at one time.. Steve

We went every year from 1975 till I went in the Navy in 1980. We stayed at Glacier Bear Lodge every year. The two main things I remember are my first time flying into a remote stretch of river in an Otter and that the area around Yakutat is without a doubt the most beautiful place on earth!

Ya gotta remember the WAF! Glad he got 'em set up though!

Although Yakutat hasn't grown much since you were there Tommy, the fishermen population in the summer has certainly exploded! Someone let the secret out, that's for sure. We have crowds from My til October..steelhead run to the end of silvers!

And it's still just as beautiful here..except when it rains of course!! And we get a lot of that!