Help for fuzzy speakers

Inferno

I've been reading through the posts and noticed several people reporting fuzzy or static sounds in the midrange. I had the same problem and found something that helped, though not eliminating the problem. First off lemme say I have a SB PCI 128 sound card cough*cheap*cough. For this card, and possibly others, there is an option under the Advanced window in Windows Volume Control called Spatial. I don't know what it does exactly, but it sort of "raises" the sound and takes out a good amount of the hiss. Turning the system volume down as well as tweaking WinAmp helped too.

A few other notes-- I imagine some of the residual static is a combination of MP3 quality, my cheezy sound card, and various other computer issues. Also, when in 2-speaker mode I get no fuzz whatsoever; 4-speaker is where it happens. I thought I'd throw my too-cents in Smile.gif

--Inferno

I have the SB 5.1 MP3+ and i love it. never had a problem. I would highly recommend the GTXP though. I do not think the fuzzyness lies in your speakers, i think it is teh POS sound card. no offense! cwm24.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Hehe, no offense taken. And it's because of the 300 bucks I shelled out for the speakers I can't get a better sound card Smile.gif

Two questions though:

1. What kind of performance gain would I see in a higher end card? In games especially (my main use of the speakers).

2. How much does a quality card go for? I could see paying in the vicinity of 100-120 bucks, but I don't want to buy another one for a long while if that's the case. Any suggestions?

Thanks

--Inferno

you would get better 3d sound, better or teh use o fEAX enhancement.. just over all better sound.

a newer sound card can be had at 60-150, The Audigy, all SB Live 5.1 (non platinum) and AE are for 60-80 dollars. The GTXP is up to $150.

i would get teh GTXP, second choice teh Audigy, then AE, then Santa Cruz, then SB Live (a tie with Santa Cruz)

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/