Best of Twin Guitars

theryugobuddy

Peter Green,Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, Bob Welch, {Dave Walker - from Savoy Brown - & Bob Weston}

For a short while the first 3, then the 2nd&3rd, and then the 3rd and 4th, (and then for a short time the 4th, 5th, & 6th)

All from when they were a REAL band!

I'll leave it to those who appreciate music to name the band! And if you can't readily identify this well known band in any of the above incarnations, well, it's time for some remedial music appreciation courses!![:P]

The only incarnation of Fleetwood Mac that mattered. Peter Green should be on every top 10 guitarist list,

Phil Manzanera and Chris Spedding of Roxy Music

Phil Manzanera

http://www.manzanera.com/biog2.htm

Phil Manzanera is one of the UK's best-known musicians and record producers, having shot to prominence in the early '70's as the lead guitarist with the seminal band, Roxy Music. He is widely acknowledged as one of the world's leading guitarists and is in much demand both as a performer and record producer, especially of Spanish-speaking artists.

Chris Spedding

http://www.chrisspedding.com/

Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter Chris Spedding was a mainstay of the British session scene since the late 60s, playing with just about everyone from Nucleus, Jack Bruce, John Cale, Elton John, Mike Batt to Paul McCartney & The Bay City Rollers (anonymously!).

In 1975 Spedding had a hit record called "Motorbikin'".

In the late 70s he moved to the States and worked with Robert Gordon, Jerry Harrison, Dick Rivers and Johnny Hallyday.

Recently, Spedding plays with Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry, and in the summer 2005 he releases solo album and will tour in Germany.

Both of the above guitarist are part of the rock band Roxy Music. All I can say is when play together it is awesome!

The Roxy Music - Live at the Apollo (2002) DVD includes this great talent.

This DVD is actually my #1 pick of all the music I own.

Greg

DUDE, DrWho and I are watching and listening to this RIGHT NOW based on your recommendation. Just got back from Best Buys where we dropped some coin on DVD's for system testing. I'm an old ROxy/Eno fan and Who just needs some education.

This DVD rocks like no other. Mixing (Drwho speciality) is impecable, the 5.1 mix put right in front of the sound board and the band, staging and light are tremendous. WIll post tomorrow, we're getting back to the show.

Michael

Ok, holy crap and a half....after Roxy everything else was plain bad sounding! By far one of my most favorite sonic experiences! I will be definetly be purchasing this once some cash flows my way.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the recording - everything from the cinematography, lighting, song transition and flow, musicality, technical cabilities, working the crowd, song writing, mixing, etc etc was pure sonic bliss!

OK! ENOUGH with all this drooling over Roxy Music!!

(Besides, for it to be authentic, you have to have ingested at least 3-4 'luudes!)[:o]

After all, how can you rave over Manzenara as a guitarist? Afterall, how can a guitarist who specializes in playing his guitar specifically so that it does not sound like a guitar, be considered a great guitarist!? [:P][:D]

Is that why they needed to pick up Spedding?[:D] Heck, someone's got to play 'guitar'!

And no one plays such evocative, haunting sax/winds as Andy MacKay!

And on a tangent, does anyone have the all too rare CD re-issue of Sharks First Water/Jab It in Your Eye???????? (Or just First Water!!!) If so, please PM me!

And while I know the hard core will recommend the earlier stuff... For the rest you, for the lush layered atmospherics, DO at least get Flesh & Blood and Avalon!

Nice to see folks rediscovering the dinosaur bands! And even better to see a reunion show live up to the potential they achieved when actively together![:D] A treat for sure!!!

Have fun guys!