Game Theater XP???

ogAkira

What are your impressions of Hercules' Game Theater XP?? http://us.hercules.com/products/audio/theaterXP/product.php3

The Best Sound Card award seem to be up for grabs. Sound Blaster and Phillips are at a stalemate in my book. SB Live Platinum for their Bay breakout box and romote control. Phillips for its performance. Well...I guess I'll wait for the undesputed champ of Sound Cards. Like "RADEON 64MB!!!" over the Anihilator.<-- rolleyes.gif

-aKiRa

Installed mine over the weekend. Sounds pretty good so far. EAX and A3D both seem stable under WIn2K. I LOVE the external rack! Very solidly built. The only think I've found wrong is that the control panel applet will vrash if I try to to press the sound test button while set to 4 speaker mode. If I set it to any other, sound test works fine. Anyway, the card sounds great with movies as well as music. Of course I also hooked up my new 4.2 setup at the same time, so I'm still trying to mop up all the drool.

Well, I tried it once and I really dont think it's worth the money. Get a normal SB card and it works as fine as with the game Theater since it sounds exacly the same. Plus, it's very hard to make the USB Hub working. I really think this product is simply too expensive for nothing. Maybe the price in US is good, in Quebec it is the same price as the SB Platinum 5.1 and I really prefer this one.

------------------

I'm the real Mike, and proud of it!

I bought mine for $150 (US) which was about $50 less that the price in the stores for the 5.1 Platinum. Granted, you can find the Platinum cheaper online, but still more expensive than the XP. I had no problems getting the USB working on mine and I LOVE having the added convenience on the USB ports up on my desk. I also like having the 5.1 output, granted I'm not using it right now, but it's nice to know that it's there. The biggest issue for me is Windows 2000 support. I'm running a dual machine and Liveware is notorious for problems on SMP machines. Not a hitch with the XP.

Just my thoughts...