Doobie Brothers -- two different bands

theryugobuddy

Which was better?

During out Halloween party last night, I put on my burned best of of the Doobies, and I realized most of the songs were from the Tom Johnston period, and maybe two or three were from the Michael McDonald period.

The Tom Johnston led Doobies really rocked, and they had great rock songs, and when Michael McDonald took the helm they probably sold more but they lost alot of the excitement that the band used to have--

Michael McDonald kind of looked like Kenny Rogers, too--just kidding

So, what's better--- China Grove or Taking it to the Streets

Black Water or Real Love

Long Train Running or It Keep You Running

the Johnston Doobies or the McBland Doobies--

Comments, Questions, Abuse?

I enjoy Michael McDonald's writing, singining and playing with the Doobies, but prefer Tom's sound in the band. So many bands are just best in their first formation, that rough early hungry feel to the music. It's always nice for bands to reform or change membership, but I think it's rarely really for the better.

Deep Purple would be one exception where all the personnel changes have given new direction, life and exceitment to the band constantly.

Michael

I see we both have too much time on our hands today thereyougobuddy[:D]

Ron

Hah!!!!

After our party last night, I fell asleep putting my kids to bed (you could say passed out), and my wife cleaned up until 1AM--

My guilt has me out there taking down and finishing up the Halloween crap, with breaks at the Forum--

You need breaks, yes?

TBuddy

I see we both have too much time on our hands today thereyougobuddy[:D]

Ron

Hah!!!!

After our party last night, I fell asleep putting my kids to bed (you could say passed out), and my wife cleaned up until 1AM--

My guilt has me out there taking down and finishing up the Halloween crap, with breaks at the Forum--

You need breaks, yes?

TBuddy

YES!!!!!!!!!