In Ceiling Surrounds

enavarro51

I'm planning on using the RB-3 as my main speakers, RC-3 as my center, KSW-12 as sub.

I have a 30 degree sloping ceiling above and behind the listeners and would like to do an in-ceiling mount of the surrounds.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations regarding using the RCW-3 or 5 or the RCR-3 or 5 for surrounds?

Primary use is for HT.

Thanks,

Ed

That sounds perfect for in ceiling mounts of the RCR-3 or 5. Since surrounds are suppose to be placed high anyways. the 30 degrees slope will automatically aim the surroudns towards ear level listening position. I don't have any experience with the RCW series but the recommended surround for any of the reference sries is the RS series speakers. I'm getting a pair of RC-3's for my RB-3, RC-3 setup. Personally, I like the dipole surrounds better than the direct radiating ones because it gives you a more ambient soundstage, which more accurately represents evironments in movies. The sound appears to envelope you more, and spaces are more accurately conveyed in movies. With that being said, I know many people on this forum prefere direct radiating surrounds better because of its precision and localization of effects (not that the RS-3 can't localize effects but I guess direct radiating surrounds are more accurately localized.) Anyways, sorry i'm of no help to your topic, but I felt the urge to comment anyways. Good luck!

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

This message has been edited by Underhanded Penguin on 10-05-2001 at 05:24 PM

Because of the WAF factor, I am using the RCR-5's as my rear surrounds (as opposed to the RS-3's). I am very pleased!! The tweeter is on a post that allows it to rotate and tilt. This allows the tweeter to be "pointed". I have mine mounted in a normal/flat ceiling about 1 foot behind the sofa (i.e. listening area). The tweeters are positioned to fire towards the listening area. Hope this helps.

ROCK ON!!