what would be the better choice in placement here?

tofu

subplace.gif

it's a bit of a task reorganizing everything, only to need to put it back to where it originally was, so i'll turn to the forums.

in design A, i have the sub infront of my "equipment." this leaves it more open and out into the room.

in design B, i have the sub along the front wall and my equipment infront of it.

now, aesthetics aside, which would be the optimum placement of the sub? it is sealed and downfiring. i'm not sure if having the equipment infront of it will perhaps distort the bass or muffle it, but then again, having it along the wall may reinforce it. or on the flipside, having it along the wall may even cause unwanted boominess in my square room.

thanks for the input.

if it is ported or has a passive, it needs (for best performance) to be corner loaded. Now if it is a sealed design, then it can go in the center, however, it looks to me by the size that it is ported thus should be cornerloaded. Remeber the lower fq's are omnidirectional, so it should not sound uneven.

well, it's sealed.

i threw it in the back of the room. pretty much sounds the same. looks better this way too.