Klipsch KG 4.5 Series + Tractrix Horn

Gabe

I was listening to Mozart's "The Magic Flute" and all of a sudden my left speaker sounded like it cut out. I stopped the song and started it again listening to more of it. The left speaker was very faint sounding. I panned to the left and listened and it seemed like I could only hear low tones. cwm24.gif I listened closer and it seems the horn wasn't producing sound. So I played a sound above the cross over point (2000Hz) and saw that the left speaker barely emitted anything while the right did it fine. I decided to investigate more. I pulled out the left Tractrix horn and swaped it with the right one. I played the song again, the same horn wasn't giving off any sound. Therefore I have isolated the problem to the left horn. cwm2.gif What can I do to fix this? Would I need a replacement horn? Where can I find one? I purchased these speakers in November of 1997 and the Klipsch warranty covers them for 5 years so my understanding is that I am still covered. Any assistance regarding this matter would be much appreciated. If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me at gabe@flof.net or give me a call at xxxxxxxx

Gabriel Stancescu

------------------

Gabe

This message has been edited by Gabe on 07-08-2002 at 04:05 AM

I just spoke with tech support and return authorization. They said they'd ship me a replacement diaphragm once I send in the damaged one. Guys, what is the diaphragm on the horn? I attached a picture of what I think it is.

dia.jpg

------------------

Gabe

This message has been edited by Gabe on 10-08-2001 at 10:24 AM