Vizio 37" lcd tv. any opinions?

firefighter

I have a newly aquired entertainment cabinet in the livingroom, (my wifes idea, she wants to be able to close the doors and doesn't want a large widescreen so I am picking my battles here) the inside measurements are 40" wide and 30" high. I am trying to get the biggest tv I can, I am considering the Sony 34" widescreen crt (34hs420) or the Vizio 37" lcd. I found several reviews on the Sony, mostly good, but nothing on the Vizio. The features and the specs. on the Vizio seem to be very good but I couldn't find any user reviews. Costco currently has it for $1499.99. I need some advice on the Vizio, also some advice on the Sony, some reviews say that the insides on the newer Sonys are made in China and are of poor quality. Sears has the Sony for $1199.99 so not a big difference in price. Any help is much needed.

Thanks Jack.

Fire,

I ,myself would stick with Brand name componets. the Vizio is Korean made. Plus Costco has

a history of selling re-furbished items.............

Go with Sony (C-Net) review, and get it from Sears. If you shop around and find a lower price

Sears will match it............Good Luck!

Why not go with a plasma for that price?

http://www.visualapex.com/plasma/Plasma_details.asp?chPartNumber=TH-37PHD8UK&MFR=Panasonic

I bought my plasma from these guys and they were great. Shipping was beautifully done. They're one of the top plasma internet retailers. Highly recommended on the AVS Forum too.

Chris

Thanks for the replies. The plazma is a great option especially at that price, however my wife will not buy online for something like this and I'm not going to get her to go any higher on the price. We will be purchasing an extended warranty and in home service, that in itself jacks up the price quite a bit so over all I have to keep the price of the tv in check. I can't complain, I have my room over the garage with a 51" Toshiba rptv, Klipsch speakers, and my audio gear, so I'll pick my battles and she can win this one. In a couple of years I'm planning on building a game room / theatre in our 2 car garage (don't park in there anyway, too many tools and toys) thats when I'll be getting a projector. So give a little now get alot later. I didn't think anyone here had experience with the Vizio but this is where I go for advice I trust. Looks like I may go with the Sony.

Thanks Jack.