Who wants a La Scala Center Channel

Dirk Diggler

Hey guys, I have decided to make a few changes to my La Scala mains/center. Due to the changes, I have two La Scalas to sell - but they do not have matching finishes.

It took me a lot of work to find my LS center channel so I figure I will see if anyone is looking for one on the forum. I will probably list them on Audiogon and then eBay in a month or so when my wife makes me get them out of the garage.

I have two available: one gloss black and one dark stained birch. The gloss black LS was the speaker that I intended to use in my HT. I can't even tell you the number of hours I have in this speaker. Well, I could but it is embarrassing. I have a friend in the furniture business and he helped me paint it in the paint booth at his workplace after stripping and sanding and sanding and sanding. It turned out very, very nice. Not perfect (it is wood) but very nice.

I have decided to update the crossovers and change the squawker to an Altec 511B in my three front speakers. Changing the squawker will require cutting and I do not want to ruin the finish on this speaker. I would rather have someone use it and re-finish another as opposed to ruining the many hours I have in it. It has a AA crossover. I also have a Bob Crites unused A/AA crossover that I will sell with it as well.

The dark stained birch cabinet is in pretty good shape overall.

I will not be able to get any pictures for a week when I get a few things moved arount in the garage. Let me know if anyone is interested in either speaker.

Thanks.