Left channels acting weird

max4677

I decided to move my front speakers a little closer to the front of my monitor and then I noticed my left channels (front and rear) cut out. After some tinkering around under my desk I got sound back out of them, but now when I run the speaker test in the Audio HQ applet for my SB Live Plat 5.1 the two left channels sound softer than the rights. I checked the balance controls and they are all set for dead center.

Max, see if the problem goes away at higher volume levels. If it does you have a slight volume control mismatch at low levels. To get around it, move the software volume lower, and keep the speaker volume higher. That should clear it up.

-djf

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

After doing what you suggested, the problem isn't noticable during playback of audio files, but the right rear still sounds slightly higher than everything else during that test. It's not as bad as before, however, so I guess I'll just chalk it up as a Creative Labs problem. Smile.gif