Anybody used Outlaw Audio electronics?

Audio Flynn

I listened to a 2800 and a 3300, I think. They were sub $1000 receivers which was what I was looking at.

I had narrowed it down to these, and I borrowed a friend's 1050. And I listened to them, and I just said to myself 'What the hell?' The outlaw just plain sounds better, even though the one denon cost nearly twice as much.

So I bought my own Outlaw. It rocks. Don't know what else to say.

That's weird...I demoed the Outlaw 6 months ago and did a side by side with the Denon 3300. To me, the Denon was the champ. Much warmer, and a bit more power. Denon has the 3801 available now, with an incredible list of capablilites.

I would try the Outlaw on the 30 day trial and see if you can audition a 3801 during the 30 days to do a side by side.

I use B&W speakers, so this may have made the difference.

J

fox,

Well, there's no accounting for taste!

Just kidding. My setup is a little peculiar, with vacuum tube output on my CD player and a rather.... unusual preamp. Also, I was running to the direct 5.1 inputs for my listening tests (I took the case off my 1050, and I BELIEVE when you run direct there aren't even any op-amps in the signal path, pretty nice. Volume control is done with a digital potentiometer, which isn't GREAT, but works OK. I've thought about replacing it, but don't want to void my warranty JUST YET.)

Charlie