Do new drivers require a break-in?

KenB

Anyone know whether new drivers sound better over time? Most electronics and some mechanical equipment require a break in period for best performance.

Extra credit question: Was there ever a model (A) type Klipchorn? I know there were (B), ©, & (D) models.

Thanks / Ken

Ken,

Usually speakers will sound better over time.

As far as you asking about the K-horns, I believe the model refers to the trim levels. You used to be able to buy utility versions along with the other B, C, etc.

My original K-horns were utility but I later purchased a set of B level, I believe. A little different matching of the top portion of the horn to the bass horn. Someone else might be able to tell you the exact differences though.

Peter Z.

Yes Peter I'm talking about Klipsch Cornerhorn build styles:

Model A: ? = My question

Model B: Built in riser between bass section

Model C: Without above

Model D: Decorator's model, with no squawker tweeter cabinet in black only and no side grills or cloths.

I just bought a JBL compression horn slot tweeter (JBL#2405H) to replace my stock T35a/K77-M's. The question of breking-in new drivers came to mind.

BTW: IMHO the JBL trounces the T-35 type, since I've heard many models of the old EV's, and it doesn't come close to this JBL

model. Approx. $225 ea. from your friendly

JBL Pro dealer. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

-Ken