Cornwalls VS epic series CF-4's ?????

johnny24c

I have La Scalas and CF4. The La Scala and the Cornwall will sound similar, as they have the same midrange and treble - bass is very different, in that the Cornwall actually HAS bass...

The CF4 and the La Scala could not sound more different. If you have not heard one of the Heritage line (Cornwalls, La Scala, Belle or Klipschorn) then I would STRONGLY suggest you try to do so prior to making any irreverseable commitments on the Cornwalls. The Cornwalls are going to sound SO different from what you have now that you will either like them a LOT LOT LOT more, or you will HATE them, depending upon what aspects of the sound of the CF4 you like and what you want to improve. But you won't know until you hear them.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Johnny.....I haven't had the opportunity to hear Cornwall's so I can't give you a fair comparison or details on how the two match up. I do know that the Epic series, especially the 2,3,4's with the massive 2" horn and aluminum diaphragms are extremely musical and quick. From what I have read on this board the Cornwalls will probably sound quite a bit different than the Epic's, especially in the midrange. I'm sure others will can give you a much more detailed comparison. Both great speakers though....later