Speaker Wall Mounts for SB-1 Surrounds

hesstondc

Hello all

This is my first post on the forum. I recently purchased a Yamaha 7.1 HTR5860 from Best Buy and two F-1 Klipsch Towers, and a C-1 center. Then I was hooked, I had to get a KSW-10 and finish things off with the SB-1 surrounds. I like them but they are a bit large. I should have went with the dual tweeter surrounds but oh well this are bought now....LOL...Wife won't let me spend anymore.....

Can anyone recomend a wall mount for these speakers?

Thanks

The SB-1's are listed on the Klipsch site as front mains in their own

right, yes? So in other words, they don't have keyhole thingys on

the back of them to put a screw head into to mount them on the

wall? They are also going to need to be directional if you ae

going to mount them from the ceilings...

Your post title references stands, do you want wall mounts or floor

stands? Actually I have suggestions for both. I am not sure

how big these things are or how heavy, but if you are going to want to

mount them from the ceiling or the wall, you will probably have to

modify them (screw the mount into the back of them). I highly

reccomend Omnimounts, the site is a little difficult to get around but

they will actually have a specific mount for your speaker and you can

match it - http://www.omnimount.com/%5Cproduct.asp?p=54

Now mind you, they are pricey, but they are sturdy too, hold my surrounds very nicely.

They have speaker stands too, haven't used them, but I would check them out if I were you.

Radio Shack makes a nice tubular steel small speaker stand that I use

with my computer speakers (also Klipsch) that puts those things right

up by your head, well made and not terribly expensive.

Hope this helps!

K

Thanks K

I do need Wall mounts for them. They have screw holes in the back for mounting to something. So I have a feeling I can use a wall mount on them. I currently have them sitting on shelves and yes they are pretty big and heavy. But probably less than 10 lbs each. I know I will need to mount them to a stud.

OK, cool!

My surrounds had a keyhole in back, but inside the keyhole mount, there

were holes with threads that I could screw in the post from the

omnimount...you just need to make sure the threads are the same.

I was able to find through searching on the net and the Klipsch site,

what the thread separation was, and the threads matched the

mount. The mounts are very clean and unobtrusive, IMO, and I

don;t worry about anything falling.

I am going to assume, that if Omnimount matched the 20.0 mount to that

speaker specifically, then they already know what it is going to

do. Go for over kill when it comes to weight, better a mount that

will hold more weight than less.

Good luck!

K

hello...congrats on the new setup...just went with yamaha rx-v657 klipsch sb-2's and sb-1's in my HT. Now check this out. Dolby Labs advocates setting the surround speakers 2 to 3 feet above the listening position. Since my HT setup is in the bedroom this presented a problem. I don't relish the idea of hanging speakers as heavy as the sb-1's from the wall so i went down to the local Target and man! For 17 usd (8.49 per lamp. higher priced ones will work also but are around 20 usd per) i bought two 70 inch high torchiere's, stripped everything out, ran the 14 gauge cable through the base and tubing...out the top...laid the sb-1's on their sides and sat them on top minus the plastic bulb (torchiere) cover...they sit on a 4-5 inch cone...i plan on adding some high strength contact tape which will secure them against being dislodged. They are not in a high traffic area and HEAVY enough to not be rattled off the cone base even without tape. The heavy black lamp base and 3/4 inch hollow black rod is a perfect match with the cabinet color of the sb-1's...and is not imposing on it's surroundings. At a height of almost 6 feet, it's the perfect solution to my dilemma. Just an idea for you...may or may not be your cup of tea...let me know and i'll send you some pics so you can see for yourself...my girlfriend loves the way it looks. ciao...btw the sb-1's as surrounds are an excellent choice...at $129 per pair, i could'nt pass them up...[:)]

Kromskoi

Send me some pictures to delljam@charter.net if you can. I would like to see them......

Thanks for all the help guys. If I can ever fiqure out all the stuff this yamaha reciever does I will be set.

Oh and the KSW-10 that was bashed on several occasions on the forum is actually a very hard hitting speaker. Clean as a wistle too! Now I am saying this from my upgrade of an 8" sony. But I know what hard hitting bass is. I had 8 12" ESX subs in my bronco on 2400 watts when I was a car stereo buff. 152.9 DBS Outlaw spl. Now that is ear drum numbing bass right there!!! I still can't hear to this day, but maybe that is just selective hearing...Or at least that is what the wife says.....

Over all I can't be happier with my system. Now I just need a new tv......