2 Channel Preamp with HT Bypass Help

Macallan

I have been researching several options to upgrade my current system. I have a Yamaha 2300 driving my reference center and surrounds and a B&K 200.2 driving my RF-7s. I was very close to purchasing a Grand Theater IV from Sunfire but i can't justify the cost when I am really only looking to improve the 2 channel sound. I read about 2 channel amps that have an HT bypass which would allow me to keep my current Yamaha/B&K arrangement for movies and improve the 2 channel sound. My question is how does this work? How does everything connect? Secondly what is a good preamp for roughly $1,000? I have read great things about the Juicy Music Peach but have never owned tubes and don't know what kind of up keep a tube preamp would reguire. What are some good $1,000 - 1,500 preamps with an HT bypass (nothing used)? Also should i uprade my CD player first, I am using a Sony SACD/DVD changer, DVP-NC685V, about $250. If so what are some good CD players? I would like a universal player that can play both SACD and DVD-A, and care only about sound quality.

I think it is the JM Peach that you want for this. Mark can explain the hookups better than I can, but this IS the key to upgrading your two channel sound. Given the same speakers, the change in preamp will be most responsible for 2 channel system sonic signature - and the Peach allows you to have great 2 channel while incorporating HT too.

Trust me on this one - if you end up with a Peach, you WILL get a very desireable upgrade in 2 channel performance. The reviews of these preamps on Klipsch are UNIVERSALLY POSITIVE. They are the only brand of preamp that ever had me thinking about changing preamps over my current McIntosh. The JM preamps are almost as common here as Klipsch speakers themselves - it seems everyone is getting one here - and for good reason: They sound WONDERFUL.

I spoke with the manufactures of Peach and I understand how to hook everything up except the sub. They mentioned maybe using a Y connector. How would this work? I am guess I would keep the sub connected to the Yamaha for HT mode and then also have a Y connector coming from the Peach to send the signal to both the RSW-15 and the B&K. Which side, L or R would I split for the sub or both? Does anyone have a preamp with HT bypass hooked up with the sub functional in 2 channel mode?