SPL Meter in Canada?

Raybart

I bought mine about a year and a half ago I think, the RS analog meter, I had to order it into a Radio Shack in Grand Marais, and then drive down to pick it up. At the time the analog meter was not offered anymore in Canada.

I have not visited the Source ( as it is now called ) for a while, but looking at the website, it appears that they are no longer offered.

Maybe you can order one through a Radio Shack outlet in the U.S.? Possibly even a member there can help out and send you one, and you can arrange payment.

Thanks for the info. I guess I could look and see if I can buy one in Montana and drive down from Calgary to get it. It's about a 10 hour drive each way.

I can't believe there isn't one on Ebay and Circuit City in Canada dosen't carry it.

Anyone out there have an idea where I can get a Radio Shack SPL meter?

10 hours, wow, glad I am only about 40 minutes from the border. The cost of gas would negate any savings. I would say that you could check e-bay frequently.

If you only need it as a one-shot deal, let me know, and I can ship you mine to use for calibration, then you could send it back when you are done with it. PM or e-mail me if interested.

Out west Radio Shack is now Circuit City and you can get the digital there at around $80 CDN("boxing day sales" in the past $48 for anolog) here in Edmonton. If you can get the old anolog do it, far better\accurate than the digital IMO.......[;)]

expensive SPL to drive to Montana...unless you add skiing to the mix....oh ya....

I wonder if they have stock in Edmonton? They have no listing on the Source website, unless they have older Rat Shack branded stock, currently most all their stock here is branded centrios/nexxtech, etc.

I think I paid in the neighbourhood of $27 u.s. for mine, plus the gas, and we had to stop at Sven and Ole's for a quick bite of 'za.

Actually your right, just got off the phone with a rep at the old Rat Shack now Circuit City at the Mall across the street, and they have 2 from old stock from Rat Shack days....wild. I'm heading out to grab a Horton's and SPL meter....if the other is left I will buy it and if someone wants it here it's yours at cost....call it a gift from Santa.....[;)]

10 hours, wow, glad I am only about 40 minutes from the border. The cost of gas would negate any savings. I would say that you could check e-bay frequently.

If you only need it as a one-shot deal, let me know, and I can ship you mine to use for calibration, then you could send it back when you are done with it. PM or e-mail me if interested.

Can't you just feel the love in Canada.

Thanks Mike, Boomer has a lead on a couple in Edmonton. This forum is great. I have learned alot and will be a strong Klipsch supporter.