How To ?, DVD to MP3

Petrol

Hi, I got a couple DVD concert videos that I would love to be able to listen to on the road...

the audio quality doesn't have to be steller since I'll be bouncing along in my work truck that features a simple kenwood HU driving one step above oem Pioneer {Edit: 6x8 speakers [:$] } that have to overcome plenty of road, wind, tire, and chassis flex noise, not mention a load exhaust.

Hopefully, someone can recommend a simple way I can toss my dvd into my computer and store just the audion portion as an mp3 file that can then be burned to a cd...

Hi, I believe a friend of mine has extracted the 2-channel tracks from DVD's, and burned them to CD-r's using this. http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

As for Mp3, once they're *extracted*, you can probably convert them to whatever file format you want, although you may need another piece of software to perform that.

I'll try to contact him today, and see about other programs that may needed, or any compatability issues.

"6x7"s.......reeeheeeally?

I use a program called polderbits http://www.polderbits.com/BuyRecorderNow.htm

the trial version will work I think for a day or so.

anything that plays through the speakers can be recorded, you just loop the headphone jack into the mic jack.

great for recording streaming media, lp's or what I used it for was recording from my sat radio.

It actually supports recording in sacd and dvd-a formats if your soundcard does, alas mine does not

Hey Ironwoods Happy holidays man.

edit: its a two week free trial

WTF!...... I'll drag the SOB out back today and bloody 'em up..... teach him a lesson he won't soon forget..... make me look like an idiot huh?....... no........wait........where's my gun?

Maybe.......if you were to purchase that registration code......I'd let him slide THIS time.

WTF!...... I'll drag the SOB out back today and bloody 'em up..... teach him a lesson he won't soon forget..... make me look like an idiot huh?....... no........wait........where's my gun?

Maybe.......if you were to purchase that registration code......I'd let him slide THIS time.

Laughed My Cheap booty off....

anyway, I was so PO'd with the "pop-up" notifacation that anything more then a one time 30 second audio clip would "require the purchase of a registration code" after the lengthy download that I blew the whole idea off . . .

at least for now