altec 902-8b vs altec 902-8t?

tofu

Yes you can,I run the T's on my 511's

I have never had the covers off mine to check for the loading caps,They protect the diaphram against too much power,I believe the T's are the same as the B's.T stands for theater same as the B's though.The A version is not protected as such.

Buy em they sound GOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg

From what I understand as long as you run them in thier desingnated freq. range ie. above 500hz you should be fine.

Duke claims to have hammered on em with no problems and I read another thread where someone blew the K-33 and the 902 was still singin' at 120db.

Greg

well i just paid for the mint 902-8t's. $235 shipped. that's about the price it would've costed to have sfogg rebuild a pair for me, but with much less hassle.

thank you sfogg for inspiring me to try these out. can't wait till they arrive ;)

next step (long down the road) will be building a pair of ES networks when i decide to go two way (that's if bob's new tweeters aren't a better solution)

"well i just paid for the mint 902-8t's. $235 shipped. that's about the price it would've costed to have sfogg rebuild a pair for me, but with much less hassle.

thank you sfogg for inspiring me to try these out. can't wait till they arrive ;)"

Cool, good luck with them. Hope they end up having good diaphragms in them! ;)

Shawn