Complaints

Senseless8

Am I alone here? I've now owned 4 sets of Promedias. 2 brand new sets on eBay both had problems...after that I thought I could solve the problem with a retail set from Outpost.com...those had an overheating sub...so I got a replacement set from the factory. Now this one had the infamous left channel static. What's up with the quality control with this company? I won't hold them responsible for the 2 faulty sets from eBay... that was my risk. But speakers from an authorized Klipsch dealer, followed by a set from the company... both bad?

Now I am trying to patiently wait for my FIFTH set of Promedia 4.1's. I made sure to tell Erica how this was a replacement of a replacement, and I hoped that she could make sure the new speakers could be shipped out quickly. She assured me, several times through e-mail and on the phone, that there would be quick, if not immediate turnaround. Weeks later, after ERica screwed up the Fedex pickup date from my house... I am still waiting, ever so patiently for my speakers. AS of today, they have not even shipped yet. The second time I've had to wait OVER A MONTH to get my speakers back to Arizona and then to my home again. Is there ANYONE out there that can understand my frustration. How about all of you in the company? Anyone hear me? I hate being so negative, but my list of complaints is so extensive that I can't even cover them all here. 300 dollars for speakers (and I'm just a poor college student!) and 5 months later.. and I'm still wondering what the heck these speakers sound like. THAT, in my opinion, is incredibly POOR treatment of a customer.

Ears would say that Klipsch should be made in America, it wouldn't change the price that much. If you can, go with the logitech z-560s, they were just released and look promising. This is a big thing for me to recommend a different product, I've been a Klipsch supporter since the beginning, and I saw the first review that said that Klipsch was beaten, and for cheaper. All other systems were able to beat Klipsch in some things and loose in others. The biggest strength of the pros was the rock solid, low extending sub, even though it would "fart" from time to time. Logitech is boasting 188 watts to one 8" sub, which is a lot of power, almost as much as the 5.1. IGN said it was simply better, and 100-150 dollars cheaper.

well mate, you're not alone...i just had to return my first set of 4.1s last week as they were faulty (sub died for no reason...wasn't even using them at the time)...

anyway, got my new set one week later (yesterday) and these had better work properly...or i'm probably gonna just get a refund and look elsewhere...

then again, i heard these are made in china or something, so what do you expect...

Damn right I said it.

Klipsch is an American company and their speakers should be made with pride in USA.

Like Paradigm,PSB,Mirage and Energy are Canadian speaker makers.When I buy their speakers I want to see a Made in Canada or else I dont buy.

Krell too is American,only a Made in USA will do.Denon when I buy a Denon I rather see a made in Japan.Most of the time the country of origin will care more about their product.And its a fact jack.

About the Logitech and Cambridge MegaWorks

Logitech and Cambridge(Creative owned)are revamping their lineup.I think its time Klipsch makes some changes to the sats(more Quintet like)and uses 8" woofers(the 5.1 sub is great).

TheEAR(s) Now theears