SUBWOOFER TALKS...HELP

CEMONG1976

spacer.gif

ok...i just bought this 2.1 promedia from best buy for 170 bucks...and just like many of you..i got this HUMMING and interference , i can hear classic 1950's song from the sub...its totally annoying and ALL threads about this problem in this forum end up with unsolved problem...
if there any audio-expert guy out there that could help us...please respond...any comment will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks . :)

Your subwoofer is possesed by the spirit of Bill Hailey! It needs an exorcism! Seriously, you have a bad ground in there, caused by a break in a shielded cable. It's allowing the amp to pick up your local oldies station, rectify and amplify the audio. This was common with LP cartridge installations gone bad. I remember getting the BBC on my Shure cart when I lived in Virginia. If your sub is brand new, this is a Warranty matter, so get Klipsch to fix it!

Your subwoofer is possesed by the spirit of Bill Hailey! It needs an exorcism! Seriously, you have a bad ground in there, caused by a break in a shielded cable. It's allowing the amp to pick up your local oldies station, rectify and amplify the audio. This was common with LP cartridge installations gone bad. I remember getting the BBC on my Shure cart when I lived in Virginia. If your sub is brand new, this is a Warranty matter, so get Klipsch to fix it!

So , You're saying this is a defective product ? or ... ?

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I'm a bit surprised that Amy Unger did not pick up on this. She is the Klipsch person who patrols the forum to make sure that buyers with problems get fast service, and solutions.

There has been some levity in responses, here.

I'm quite sure that what you're hearing is radio frequency getting into your system. I had something like that. The cabs with a CB would go by and the stereo would pick up odd bits of heated exchanges.

In your case, there is probably an AM broadcast transmitter in you neighborhood. You can confirm that with an AM radio. It will be the strong one playing "the Oldies".

So, your system is acting like a crystal radio with some gain.

The people at Klipsch should be able to give you some fixes. My thought is that it could be fixed by applying some clamp on ferrite "beads" to the feed wires.

These are what are used to on monitor cables and the like. RS has them. They look like a chunk of matching half cylinders which envelope the wire feed. Sometime you loop a turn of wire though them.

Gil

Gil

'

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I'm a bit surprised that Amy Unger did not pick up on this. She is the Klipsch person who patrols the forum to make sure that buyers with problems get fast service, and solutions.

There has been some levity in responses, here.

I'm quite sure that what you're hearing is radio frequency getting into your system. I had something like that. The cabs with a CB would go by and the stereo would pick up odd bits of heated exchanges.

In your case, there is probably an AM broadcast transmitter in you neighborhood. You can confirm that with an AM radio. It will be the strong one playing "the Oldies".

So, your system is acting like a crystal radio with some gain.

The people at Klipsch should be able to give you some fixes. My thought is that it could be fixed by applying some clamp on ferrite "beads" to the feed wires.

These are what are used to on monitor cables and the like. RS has them. They look like a chunk of matching half cylinders which envelope the wire feed. Sometime you loop a turn of wire though them.

Gil

Gil

'

You mean a monster cable ? i heard those are worth about 100 bucks or more...

do you have the pics ? so basically it's a cable right ? hey thanks for the reply neway

try posting in the promedia section further down on the thread list.

Past general questions and pilgrimage but if you hit aragon you gone

too far. Anyways, as a promedia ultra owners, I would recomment trying

a new location with a new socket. Also try to not coil wires and

definitely do not coil power and speaker wires together. Also you might

want to try a cheater plug but I doubt that it is ground loop problem

associated with the 60 hertz on a/c current. Cheater plugs are an extra

plug that does not have a three prong. The three to two prong convertor

btw monster cable is a waste for price per performance