Need Suggestions

Strox

Posted Image

I have a pair of the above speakers the are Technics with with 2 10" speakers, a mid and a tweeter. I have a 100x5 Pioneer Receiver (5.1 DTS) running to them and Technics surround sound speakers.

The question I have is would the Klipsch 12" 650W Powered Subwoofer (Model: SUB-12) be worth investing in? I'm just wondering with having four 10" speakers in my front speakers if the 12" subwoofer would help add more bass, especially for movies.

Let me know if you have any suggestions about other subwoofers. Thanks

Yes a sub is designed to play very low frequencies.....and when connected to a receiver's LFE channel...your movies will come alive.....

Another question I have is that the Frequency Response for the Klipsch 12" subwoofer is 24-120Hz. So how does this frequency range compare to what what is out there right now comparing price and wattage. Is 24Hz low enough for movies because I have read that most movies can hit the 20Hz range. Is there that much of a difference of 4Hz?

Sorry if I dont sound like I know much about this stuff because I dont. I've been piecing my stereo together for a few years now and I finally have some money to get the next piece of my stereo with is the subwoofer. So any help you can give me would be great. Thanks

For subwoofers...bigger and louder is always better since you can turn it down..

and yes some movies go real deep...like subsonic deep....the stuff you feel not hear...heheh

Set your budget...and pick the best in that budget...

for Best buy type subs...the Sub 12 is a real good bargain...

now if you have the $$$ look at the THX ultra 2....some serious slam...with a pair...designed for Ultra 2 rooms which are reall big..

THX theory is....

every seat in the Home Theater room should hear I think 115dB from the sub....is that practical...I dunno....but it would be nice...hehehe

you will not be sorry with the Sub 12 for its price range...but do look at the RSW line and the RW line...go find a dealer...and bring a DVD you know very well...and listen....let your ears decide...

no matter what everyone posts on here...you have to pay for it and like it...not me....heheh

Good Luck

This question is kind of off topic of the subwoofer, but the tower speakers I have did not come with any information because I bought them from my friend's dad when he upgraded his system and I got them for a great deal. But what kind of frequency range would the Technic towers speakers I have be able to support since there are four 10" subs in themselves. And does it all depend too on what my receiver can put out also? I'm just having a hard time justifying buying a 500 dollar subwoofer when I get the feeling I wont be able to tell much difference when I add it to my system since I already have a lot of bass, but I guess it isnt the ultra low base that the LFE will allow when I hook up a subwoofer.

I think it is a matter of balance. The Pioneer unit looks ok, but, the Techniques speakers, are, um, not really considered HiFi to put it mildly. They are from an era where companies just tried to put systems together to sell to the masses, and bigger speakers meant better right? There is more to it than that.

Are you looking for loud bass or to improve the overall quality of the sound? A good $500 sub would blow the Techniques out of the water really.

If you are into good sounding HT for the long run, consider replacing all the Techniques speakers with a 5.1 speaker setup in the 500-1000 price range from a reputable speaker manufacturer like, er Klipsch maybe? You will be amazed in the vast improvement in sound... and keep the Techniques for the garage or outdoor parties.

Sorry, truth hurts sometime.