THX Ultra II, Dilemma and New Home

Enrico

I am buying a new house and purchasing the THX Ultra series, however I have a dilemma. The room I am using for home theater is a great room. It consists of a living space and the kitchen. I am not having any issues with the front or side speakers; however I do not know what I should do with the rears for a 7.1 setup. The only way I can mount the rears is to the ceiling. I have two choices. My first choice is to purchase the current available Ultra II speakers and mount the rears to the ceiling. My second choice is to purchase the in-wall speakers for astetic purposes, but I think it would look funny to have my fronts and sides in-wall and my rears mounted to the ceiling. Are there any ceiling speakers which will match up with the THX Ultra Series? I do not know how important the rear channel is to the overall sound. Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated?

Klipsch will have in-wall/in-ceiling THX Ultra mains and surrounds coming soon. They showed prototypes at CES and are still working on some tooling and driver tweaks, but they are going to be a reality. You could use the in-wall monopoles in the ceiling with the di-poles on the sides. You should look to see them probably summer time. I'd pre-wire for them and pre-order a set to get in the line...they are going to be insanely popular. The guys at Klipsch say they will not be compromised and they will be mix and match with the free air versions.