Replace my KG4's in HT with ???

Fried Elliott

Hey Guys ---

Long time no post! The second phase of my HT buildout is about to get underway. I need to pick up a pair of speakers to replace my KG4's that I am currently using for the HT front pair so I can move them to an audio only room. In the HT room (it is small), I currently have:

Center: SSC-C1

Front Pair: KG-4

Rear Surrounds: SS-1

Sub: None (prob. a KSW-10 or -12 at some point).

The quality I am getting from the KG-4 pair is quite acceptable in my current setup. It looks like there are SB-2, RB-3, SB-3, and RB-5 available on eBay for $220-$540. What would give me comparable sound, given that I eventually add a sub?

Thanks guys! Everything sounds great and your help has been a big part of the reason.

fried

Fried elliot,

i have a pair of ksb 3.1 that are in mint condition that come with 16" stands on ebay for 305.00. they are aewsome sounding for a single 8" woofer and a 90x40 tweeter.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: Looking for some

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

Hi Fried - Long time...

The Synergy series would be the best match for the center and surrounds you have, if you intend to keep those. Otherwise, the RB-5s would be wonderful front speakers, but then you'd have to pick up an RC-3. You could probably keep the SS-1s for a while since the difference would be less noticeable back there.

But having a good, even, front soundstage would be the goal so it depends on your intentions for the center channel.

DD2