About CPU Temp =p

alvin138

I was just wondering what is normal temperature for an AMD Athlon 1.1 Ghz? whenever i check the health status, the CPU temp is up around 104 degree's F, is that normal? or should i get a better CPU fan, say a copper one? ok thanks. oh yeah here are the spec's of my comp:

Win 98

1.1 Ghz Athlon

60Gb WD HD

640MB PC133 Ram

voodoo 3

creative live first generation

IWill K266 motherboard

Antec full size tower

3 Case Fans

300 watt power

Plextor 16x10x40

creative dvd 12x

creative cd 52x

19inch KDS monitor

logitech cordless freedom

promedia 5.1

104 is not bad,you can get a much better cooler I am sure.All my cpu temps are quite low.

You can try these coolers...

Alpha PAL6035/ Delta 60mm 38CFM or YS Tech fan for quiet operation

Alpha 8050/ Delta 80mm 68CFM(performance king)

ThermalRight SK6/ Delta 38CFM or the loud Delta 51 CFM

Swiftech MC462/ Delta 80mm 68CFM(EXPENSIVE)

Ah just get the Alpha 6035/Delta 38CFM,not the most quiet but compact and can cool 1.4 and even OC to almost 1.6GHz with no trouble.If ytou want a silent solution swap the Delta for the YS Tech 27CFM fan.

As long as you youe good case cooling(airflow thru the case).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Oups

I wanted to say "as long as you have good case airflow"

Good case airflow is a must to take advantage of a high performance cooler.

The ThermalRight SK6 with a YS Tech is my choice for even 1.4 + Athlons.Later you can buy a 38 or even the hairdryer loud Delta 60mm 51 CFM turbine.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I have the swiftech mc462 w/ delta mc462 and i have my 1.33@1.53 and my temps are about 90 F when just doin normal stuff. 100 F even when full load. Your temps are definetly fine, but i would reccomend gettin an Sk-6 b/c that 1.1 will do like 1.5 easy with good cooling.

also make sure your cooling for your case is good.

------------------

Tbirds w/ Geforces 3s rule!

I now have a 1.2GHz AXIA T-Bird at 1.4GHz,stock voltage.I can run at stock speed even at 1.596 or 1.6 if you want.With the Swiftech MC462/Delta 68CFM monster cooler.

The case ia a LianLi PC60 with four 68CFM 80mm DELTA fans,two 92mm 55CFM Sunon and one 120mm 107CFM Sunon at the top.Overall,great airflow...bit noisy with all the fans pumping air in and out.

I use the Enermax 550W PSU(modded with Delta fans).

Not bad

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 1 month later...

Is this 104 @ Idle or load? I usually run around 31°C with normal activity For Load temps.. lets see.. 45°C <113°F> These are with system temp at 27°C <80°F - Is the chipset internal sensor> This is running Prime - keeps CPU usage at 100% load.

As for my cooling.. I have 6 case fans.. 2 80mm in the upper deck blowing out to pull air across my 2 HDs. There is the PowerSupply fan below that and then in the lower deck I have 1 80mm blowing in at the front and 2 60mm blowing in from the back of the mobo tray across the HS. For HS.. I have the GlobalWin FOP38 with the DlackLabel Delta 7k RPM fan - However.. I am not running it at full power. Instead of 12V.. I am pushing 7V thru it - RMPs are low enough to where the sensors don't pick up any RPMs. Also.. with the 2 fans on the back of the mobo tray.. I can actually disconnect the HSFan and it will still spin - don't have to worry about not enough cooling. I havn't tested with the fan at full power lately.. don't really need to.

Anyhoo.. I think I got a little carried away there - helps give ya idea where ya stand. TBirds can theoretically stand temps up to 100°C! Take a look at this videoclip.. TBirds will fry within 3 seconds if there is not a HS on them.

For video:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q3/010917/heatvideo-05.html

For article:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q3/010917/index.html

------------------

1GHz TBird @ 1096MHz

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§ 230/354

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66