ksw-12 malfunction

jmklipsch

After 2 months of pounding away my KSW-12 seems to be malfunctioning. When plugged in no sound and led light is not illuminated.

Any suggestions for a quick fix????

I kept it plugged to surge protector all the time in standby mode, is this correct? Anyway, looks like I should have purchased the extended warranty ie authorized dealer purchase. Should I contact Klipsch and send directly to them or find a dealer to send it back for me? Can a dealer work on it for me? Looks like I will be forking out some of the money I saved to get it fixed. Still ahead for now though, and still loving rest of reference series speakers.

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy

Take the fuse out of the back of the sub, on the amp board. If it is blown, which it probably will be, go to your local Radio Shack and replace it with a 1.5amp Slow-Blow fuse. The fuse will cost you $1.50 for 2 of them, then you will have a back-up should this ever happen again.

If that doesn't work......then you should contact Klipsch tech. support for help.

Good Luck

------------------

Home Theater Page

This is what I was hoping to hear!!!!!!!!!!

I think fuse is blown.

The fuse I removed is a 1.25 amp is it correct to replace with 1.5 amp??

Thanks again,

Jeremy

by the way am I the only one who was too stupid to realize that the grey thing was a fuse????

edit:sorry I just noticed that there was a seperate forum for powered subs this is the only one I ever go to. Thanks for answering my question anyway. I'll do better next time I promise.....

This message has been edited by jm on 10-20-2001 at 11:18 PM