Grill and Frame replacement for RCW3

bacevedo

Hi all, been doing some painting this weekend. Very fun! Not!

Ok, anyway, I have painted the wall where my RCW3 in-wall speakers are. I tried painting one of the speaker grills and the plastic frame, and let's just say I am not happy with the results! I am going to have someone airbrush the paint on (I think), but I have already ruined one set of the speaker mounts. The speaker itself is fine.

My question is two-fold - what is the best way to paint these, so that the grill doesn't get the holes clogged up with paint, and there are no brush marks on the plastic mounting frame?

Second, to the Klipsch mods - can I order just the grill and frame, and what is the cost (including shipping) and how long will it take to get here? Should I just go to my local dealer and see if they have any in stock?

Thanks for any info.

Bryan

Grilles for SCW-3's can be ordered from your dealer or direct from Klipsch (800-klipsch). Part number 103066. Frams are not available as a separate piece from the speaker. Perhaps you can use something to remove the paint from the frame.

Thanks - I actually fixed them today. I soaked the one grill in water, and the latex paint basically came right off. The frame wasn't bad, so I didn't have to do anything with that. All I did for the grills was use a small roller, and rolled the paint on in thin layers until I got the color I wanted. It worked really well.

Thanks for the info though, BobG!

Bryan

Update:

I went to Home Depot and got one of their spray cans - you attach a small glass jar (that comes with it) to the bottom, with your paint in it. You can then spray the paint.

I then used floss and tooth picks to hold the grills up in mid-air while I "dusted" them with the paint. They turned out perfectly.

Thought I would share this as a tip for anyone else needing to paint their in-wall speakers.

I will post some pics here in a few days.

Bryan