Home Theater Warming uo for the Super Bowl

Dirk Diggler

Sweet!!! Time for a major super bowl party to show it off and enjoy all the work. I bet at least 1000 of us off the forum could make it to your place by kickoff on Sunday!

I noticed you have one of Paul's TAD 150 tube preamps that must sound great with that Mac tube amp. I bought my Cayin from Paul and tried the TAD 60 stereo tube amp but returned it cause I liked the Cayin better.

Well enjoy the party and I'm going with the Seahawks cause they have never won a SB and I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan.

The Mac, TAD, and La Scala combo is a winner for my ears. Paul is a great guy and makes some great value equipment.

Can't feel too sorry for a Cowboys fan from Austin after the Vince Young show for the title. I want to see Bill Cowher get his credit for being a great coach. He played at NC State where I went to school.

I figure this time next year the prices on 50 inch plasmas should drop down enough to get one.

Yeah the boys got their 3 rings back in the 90's so I would like to see more teams in the superbowl that have never gone. That is the major reason I want the Seahawks to win.

I wanted to try the TAD 150 but I own a Ground Grid tube preamp and tried the Merlin tube preamp and I was not blown away. I think I heard so much about how great tube preamps are that when I tried them I had unrealistic ideas about how they would sound. They sounded okay but just did not sound as good or better than my Luxman.

When I got the Cayin TA 30 tube amp I could definitely hear the improvements but not so with the tube preamps.

I guess I'm doing the opposite of what most people say to do, tube preamp with SS amp. So I ended up with a SS preamp and tube amp but it worked for me.

Well enjoy the game!!

Dirk can you tell me what you feel the Ah! SuperTjoeb 4000 w/ Upsampler does good and are there any areas that it might be lacking in?

I came damn close to ordering one last night but for now I need to pay some more bills first. I have the preamp I want and the Cayin works really good with the Luxman so don't feel the need to try something new there but I do want to try the Ah! SuperTjoeb 4000 w/ Upsampler and after that a pair of VRDs.

When I was finishing my attic, my 4 year old broke one of my power tubes. While it was down, I used the NAD receiver with the TAD and it warmed up the sound considerably. Everyone is different and alot of tube/SS combos sound sweet, especially with horns.

I need to update my profile. I spent a little too much money on fishing my room and had to dump a component or two. The Monarchys and the AH! had to go. It is a very sweet sounding player WITH the upsampler. I honestly was not blown away with the player without the upsampler. To my ears, in my system, the Sony ES player was very, very close to the unit with the upsampler and I like it better than the AH! without it. The Ah! 4000 is an awesome value and is a very detailed player that sounds great. Even though I sold it, it was due to cash flow issues and not performance. I just went a little nuts.

Go Steelers!