My 7's have been DeanG'd

Arky

I see several new members so I thought a post was in order.

I bought the rf-7 & rc-7 from my dealer last August & have really enjoyed them in stock form. However, I've read so many raving posts from you guys (McGoo was especially helpful) about various upgrades Bob, Craig, Al & Dean have performed I decided to call Dean. The reworked networks have been installed for 3 days now.

The difference to "me" is simply astounding. The sound has really filled in. Detail, clarity & richness has vastly improved. On intimate source material, such as VH1 Storytellers, I now hear singers occasionally take a breath as well as other nuances. This is what I have been wanting to experience. I find it interesting my volume control isn't as high now.

The rf-7 made a big leap & the rc-7 seems to have gained even more benefit but I have no explanation. If any of you are straddling the fence IMO just do it.

Thank You Dean.

JT

Miller

MrMcGoo is a long time forum member who was kind enough to answer my emails. I picked on him because he runs Sunfire amps in which i'm interested.

DeanG on this board is who you want to talk to. dgwescott@sbcglobal.net but don't expect a quick response.[:D] However, his shipment will get to you in a timely manner. I expect he will chime in on this thread to offer technical info as I cannot. If the search function was operational you could search for

DeanG Crossovers.

He takes your original network boards & replaces the caps with higher quality. The new ones look to be about 3 times larger. There is more but I don't understand it. I do know while the rf7 stock is excellent this upgrade is substantial. My center channel dialogue is now crystal clear-rc7.

You might try the search. There are a ton of posts on the subject. I suspect the old guys are tired of reading about this but I posted anyway for the new people.

JT