CB noise

KaptainKlipsch

Sometimes when listening to a CD I get Citizens Band coming into my speakers equal to the volume of listening. How does my system pick this up? Sometimes it is very loud (and annoying). One time I even heard some foreign language slavic(?) radio very faint through the speakers. very weird!

What is going to happen when the govt. auctions off the tv bands to first responders in regards to radio interference?

A possible solution is to use snap-on ferrite beads (Parts Express and Radio Shack sell them) to your low-level (source to receiver) cables. Some apply these to power cords as well. It may take a bit of experimentation with the beads and cable arrangement to reduce this problem. It is quite possible that your local Bo and Luke Duke are using an illegal linear amp connected to their CB. Good luck on getting the FCC to care about it! The FCC no longer cares about interference with consumer devices that only receive signals. Read the fine print on the FCC Part 15 notice that should come with any device that uses RF. There are words to the effect that the consumer device must put up with any interference. If a emergency service is getting interference, that is a different matter.

Because we have and will continue to have a mix of analog and digital devices receiving and transmitting in the same bands, interference will only get worse.