Heresy II network reinstallation gone awry

soulpianoman

Hi everyone,

Been awhile since I have been here. Question for you guys: I recently redid my heresy II networks for the 3rd time (other 2 times went great). I got a little tricky this time and soldered the final connections directly to the sqwuaker, tweeter and woofer rather than use the metal clip type connectors - maybe a big mess up? My tweeter is totally dead now for one and can't really tell anything else about the sound with that going on. Can the heat damage the tweeter or other drivers? Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Ted

Have you measured the resistance across the K76 (should be ~8.6 ohms) ? The voice coil wires ARE directly soldered to the connection clips, become more brittle with age and can break if jostled around too much. I guess I would first test for continuity before jumping to conclusions. I HAVE successfully fixed such situations, but it is no walk in the park... the good thing is that diaphragms are still available (~$50/pair) if all else fails. (This IS the same diaphragm used in your heresy IIs)

PostAttachment.aspx

Jerohm,

Thanks a bunch for the reply - your post helped me a great deal. I measured and sure enough there was a break in the voice coil wires. Here is a picture of one ugly repair. Had to drip some solder down to lengthen the wires. Then coated it with some hot glue melt. 8.6ohms again... Thanks!

beauty.jpg