RB-61 vs RB-25 - Any one listened to both?

coreyc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody even heard of the RB-61?

I have seen the RB-25s for sale on eBay for over $300 a pair which makes no sense considering they retailed for $400. I got three pair of floor models for $212 per pair at Nebraska Furniture Mart. NFM is in Omaha, Des Moines and KC.

I would recommend the 25s but I have never heard the 61s. The 25s did very, very well against Polks and Infinity Betas.

Wow, Jeff. At $200 or so per pair - what a deal. I'd even think about a road trip to pick some up, if the first part of the drive from Hawaii wasn't so wet.

On paper, the RB-61's seem like a pretty good step up - more weight, more volume, a bit more bass extension; than the RB-25's. But RB-25's at just about 1/2 price is a pretty good thing too.

I'm hoping that my local dealer will get some RB-61's in before they're sold out of the 25's.

Wow, Jeff. At $200 or so per pair - what a deal. I'd even think about a road trip to pick some up, if the first part of the drive from Hawaii wasn't so wet.

On paper, the RB-61's seem like a pretty good step up - more weight, more volume, a bit more bass extension; than the RB-25's. But RB-25's at just about 1/2 price is a pretty good thing too.

I'm hoping that my local dealer will get some RB-61's in before they're sold out of the 25's.

I went in the NFM to audition some Infinity Betas and when I saw the closeouts on the Klipsch I got very re-interested very fast. I am amazed that the eBay sales are going as high as they have. Not much discount off list and no warranty support.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, no bargains to be had on eBay right now, everyone has their tax return burning holes in their pockets.

I have purchased an RC-3 and a pair of RS-35's in the past week, still shopping for some RB-35's or RB-61's...

But, my reason for the post is my confusion, it is my understanding

that the RB-61's actually replace the RB-35's and not the RB-25's....

The replacement for the RB-25's is actually the RB-51.

Is this not true>?

• 7 months later...

I recently listened to the RB-61's at the Magnolia Home Center in the local Best Buy Store. The guy there had a Pink Floyd CD and put those speakers on. They Sound real good, better than anything else I have listened to. I planning on taking a pair home, soon.