Home Theater Pics

bacevedo

Here are my home theater pics.

Let me know what you think.

We just had the custom media niche built. I designed it, and my father-in-law's construction company built it. The kitchen is to the left of the seating position (I am standing in the kitchen taking the shot of the seating position).

It's hard to tell, but the ceilings are 11 feet tall, and my TV is a 60" TV. The pics make it all look smaller than it really is.

Enjoy!

Bryan

------------------

"... But Honey - I promise this is the last thing I will have to buy for the Home Theater"

Mistubishi VS60603 60" RPTV

Denon AVR 3802 Receiver

Denon DVM 1800 DVD Changer

JVC 3600U SVHS VCR

RCA DirecTV Satellite Tuner

Klipsch RB5 - Mains

Klipsch RC3 - Center

Klipsch RCW3 - In-wall Surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 - Sub (hopefully an RSW12 whenever they come out!)

Monster Power Conditioner HTS1000

Acoustic Research Pro Series Interconnects

beautiful media center - really nice -

I couldn't have done it any better myself - I couldn't have done it period -

the kitchen is also very nice - needs white Quintets snuggled in between the cabinets ...

------------------

HORNS & subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!

belial - thanks! I haven't had a chance to really tweak it yet, since I have a 9 month old son, and I have to wait until him and mom are gone to play, so I don't know how the sub will sound in there. But so far, it sounds better than where it was before. There is about 15 inches behind the sub port to the back wall - so it has plenty of room to breathe behind it. Also, the niche has a large 4 inch hole in the back top (behind the compononents) to let the sub vent, and where I can put a fan to vent out the compononent area. Above the components are two 4 inch holes (behind the right speakers) that allow all of the heat to rise out. The same for the TV, it has two of these 4 inch holes to let heat rise out. We used some PVC pipe, cut to fit, and they are finished perfectly. It was a well done job. I actually want to upgrade my sub to either a Velodyne SPL1200 (which would fit perfectly there) or an RSW 12 - but I am concerned about the rear firing driver in that niche - it may not be enough room to let it breathe. Or it could really enhance the bass - it is more than corner loaded! The other option is to get an SVS and put it in the back corner behind the couch (where the tree is right now). My wife isn't thrilled about that though, as she likes her tree there!

Colin - the speakers put plenty of sound into the kitchen! No need for any more!

A few things need to be done - hanging the pictures back on the walls after painting, adding shelves and a smoked glass door to the components area, and some little trim work, backlighting in the top 3 niches, and some uplighting on top of the media niche. You can actually see the exposed wires waiting for the fixtures on the top. Adding some dimmer switches and I should be all set!

Bryan