v.200 or 4.1s?

Distec

Its confusing, 4.1 is 4 channels with a lfe channel, thus 4.1.

I can't seem to find that subwoofer input jack? All I got is 2 stereo miniplugs. 4 channels, no separate sub input, thats 4.0,

Right?

The ProMedias separates it's own bass from 4 full range analog inputs thru 2 stereo miniplugs. no 5.1, no 7.1, no 7.2, no 5.0, no 4.1.

There is no connection for a low freq. effects channel.

The picture is of the v.2-400, but everything else is right.

The 4.1 differs slightly in that it has a speaker off switch, a headphone jack, and an input jack, and the internal crossovers in the speakers are upgraded.

You may still be able to find the v.2-400 out there, but it will be replaced by the 4.1 in the next few weeks.

-djf

So what is the purpose of being 4.1 instead 5.1?

Is some one going to produce a 4.1 sound card?

What kind of inputs will the 4.1 have? 3 stereo miniplugs with one dead leg? 2 miniplugs + whatever soundblaster uses for lfe channel prob.

I guess the software will still have to do the 4channel mixdown, but now creative circuitry will separate the lfe channel instead of that designed by Klipch? Not by my choice.

Is klipch trying to avoid using the s/pdif?

Even if they used the s/pdif there would still be the problem of getting A3D and EAX game surround through it.(stereo only}

The mpeg2-AAC, which supports the s/pdif, leaves AC3 and DTS in the dust.

With a little silicon in the sub, USB, software volume & balance controls to get rid of the lame preamp, and you get rid of miniplugs, crackling knobs, a couple of din plugs and wires. Klipch could toss in a $15 chip decoder for AC3 and DTS and be so far ahead of all the competition...

There are hundreds of thousands of 4 channel cards out there right now, rol1. Plus, these speakers are still the best option for five channel cards (operated, of course, in 4 channel mode). The fifth channel is desireable only in the case where the listeners are away from the keyboard.

If you want a digital decoder that matches the sound quality of these speakers, you're going to have to spend over $100 more, unfortunately.

-djf