B&K & 7 channel amp good match Rf-7's

B&K amps are an excellent match for RF-7's. I assume you are referring to the Reference 200.7 for the price you are talking. You run a similar speaker arrangement to mine, except I have RB-75's instead of RS-7's. The 200 wpc B&K's are a great high current amp and handle the impedance demands of the RF-7's well. I don't think you would be disappointed. My only advice is to look for a used one, unless new is really important to you. They come up on Audiogon all the time, for about half of the $3000 you are referring to. Good Luck.

Jeremy

thanks Jeremy, Is it a good idea to buy a piece like this used. Can it be

abused? Or is it like most good equipment poeple who buy this stuff take care of it.

I found it new at Reliable audio for $ 2500.00 shipped to my house.

Does anyone know anything about these guys, and how do these ship?

Capo's advice is good. High Current SS Amps do make Klipsch "sing" better...

B&K amps have a good reputation as well. While "most" people that have high end equipment do take care of it.. We all know of people that also have high end houses, cars, boats, whatever it is...things people dream of.. That could care less, and beat whatever it is all to heck!!

Just get good pics talk with whoever it is that owns it. Sometimes you get a feel with the other equipment he or she owns.

I'm running a pretty similar system as well. 4 RF-7s, 2 RF-5s, RC-7, and a Lexicon MC-1 pre with the B&K 200.7. The amp really is a great match with these speakers.

I would also suggest looking on the used market, you can find these used for a lot less. I got mine on Audiogon from a dealer in Indiana. It was a demo model and came with a full warranty.

Used these seem to go for around $1,800, so it's really up to you if the warranty is worth $700.