RF3 vs RB5

kelA

Ok guys, here is a bit of a technical question I guess. I currently am running a 5.1 surround system powered by a Denon 2805 with the RF3II's running the front L&R, and my RB5II handling the rear. When I purchased my RF3's awhile back I felt they were a bit weak as far as bass (they seem to be more defined in midbass I guess). I always thought in the back of my head that there was something wrong with them for that reason. So just for testing purposes I decided to connect the RB5 to my front channels and did a comparison while listening to just 2 channel music(sub disconnected). I could not believe how much more bass I had with the RB5's. Are the RB5's that much better of a speaker than the RF3? I would have thought that the dual 8's of the RF3 would have better slam than the single woofer of the RB5 has. Is the crossover that much different between the two? Does/has anybody else been able to compare the two speakers? I am now wondering if I need to box up the RF3's and have them looked at by my dealer since they are still covered by the warranty. When I play some music I can see and gently feel all the woofers moving on the RF3's. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I read your thread yesterday. i have liked my RB_5 for years. The RF-3 never really felt to have as defined bass.

The RF 3 may have went lower but less realism to me.

Was listening to HD concerts on DISH last night through them.

I woudl still get the F-3 looked at if the music difference is that pronounced.