Advice on setting up a new Klipsch system

mildodiferousfunk

Congratulations!

I am sure you are having a great time listening to your music collection all over again. I have to give you extra credit for the clean look of the installation, the furniture selection, the wood floors, throw rugs, and overall elegance. Great job!

I am sure many of us would have liked to have seen photos earlier to give you better advice. I did not realize your seating area was so tight for space. I think I would have suggested sticking with a 5.1 system using just RS 35s in the back corners. The rear RF35s are just too far forward and too close to the primary listening position. If you could move them back even with the side of the couch, that would be much more suitable and moving the RS35s to the back wall, in turn. The center chanel is also higher than is ideal and lowering it would not hurt. I may also have suggested to try to use your TV stand to hold your AV equipment, as well. This may have given you more space to place the front speakers and saved you some money. This constructive crticism should not dampen your spirit or take away from the beautiful work you have done. We just want you to have the best sound experience possible.

Thanks westcott,

Your comments are appreciated and I am sure I will do some further "experimentation" with my set-up. I am constantly looking for an "improvement" and I am sure this addiction will lead me to rearranging some of the system. It was just one year ago that I installed my previous system and thought I had an excellent system. Then I went along and recently updated it. [:D]